The Folk Show for April 03, 2012
2:06 PM - 4:00 PM
A potpourri of folk music, as well as special thematic programs. Hosted by Montana Public Radio’s John Myers, and Beth Anne Austein. The Stan Howe Show airs the first Tuesday of each month.
Program Name: Folk Show: Music Lyric Theme--Spring Date Of Broadcast: 4-3-2012
Host Producer: John Myers
1. Simon and Garfunkel - April, Come She Will - The Sounds of Silenc - Columbia - - -
2. Carter Family - March Winds Gonna Blow My Blues All Away - 1927-1934 - JSP (Victor) - 1934 - -
3. Memphis Jug Band - I\'ll See You in the Spring When the Birds Begin to Sing - Memphis Jug Band - Yazoo - 1927 - -
4. Carter Family - When the Springtime Comes Again - 1927-1934 - JSP (Victor) - 1929 - -
5. Pentangle - Springtime Promises - Basket of Light - Reprise - - -
6. Judy Collins - So Early in the Spring - Forever - - - -
7. Montana Slim (Wilf Carter) - The Blue Canadian Rockies - Reminiscin\' - Camden - - -
8. Leadbelly - Springtime in the Rockies - Last Sessions - Smithsonian-Folkways - - -
9. Ian Tyson - Springtime - Cowboyography - Sugar Hill - - -
10. Johnny Horton - When It\'s Springtime in Alaska, It\'s 40 Below - 16 Biggest Hits - Columbia - - -
11. Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem - The Foggy Dew - Irish Songs of Rebellion - Tradition - - -
12. Boiled in Lead - Ugros (Springtime) - All Over the Map - - - -
13. Ricky Lee Jones - Spring Can Really Hang You Up the Most - Pop Pop - - - -
14. Merle Haggard - Every Fool Has a Rainbow - The Best of the Best of Merle Haggard - - - -
15. Hoyt Axton - Pride of Man - Southbound - A&M - - -
The Folk Show is a potpourri of folk music, as well as special thematic programs, hosted on alternating weeks by Montana Public Radio’s John Myers, and Beth Anne Austein. On the first Tuesday of each month, The Stan Howe show airs as part of the program.
From Appalachian music, bluegrass, and country blues to western music and the work of contemporary singer-songwriters - this weekly show is an eclectic exploration of folk music.