The Write Question for June 17, 2007
11:46 AM - 11:59 AM
Today's Highlight: Pete Fromm
Welcome to The Write Question, a program that explores the world of writing and publishing in the western United States. Our guest today is author Pete Fromm from Great Falls, Montana.
Fromm has been writing full time since the early nineties and has published nine books. His second book, Indian Creek Chronicles,, received an Outstanding Achievement Award from the WLA Literary Awards Committee, an award he has now won three times. Fromm has also won four Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association awards; a Western Magazine Maggie Award for Best Fiction; a Sierra Club Nature Writing award; an O’Henry Honorable Mention; a Pushcart Prize nomination; and a place on the New York Public Library’s list of notable books.
Look for more information about Pete Fromm at www.petefromm.com
- Pete Fromm Biography
- Pete Fromm biography from the National Council of Teachers of
- English American Collection. www.ncteamericancollection.org
- Bio and photo from PeteFromm.com www.petefromm.com/bio
- How All This Started profile of Pete Fromm by William Marcus
- (audio) www.npr.org
- Pete Fromm Interviews
- Pete Fromm by Dan Webster fromwww.spokesmanreview.com
- “How All this Started” by Cindy Heidemann from PBNA 2001
- Book Award www.pnba.org
- Pete Fromm, writen by Michael Armstrong from HomerNews.com
- (Homer, Alaska) homernews.com/stories
- “Girl’s Eye View: Pete From Talks About his New Novel”
- (As Cool as I Am) by Kathryn Eastburn from the
- Colorado Springs Independent www.csindy.com
- From PeteFromm.com www.petefromm.com/books
- Critics and Readers Respond
- As Cool as I Am reviewed by Nicole Kohler from
- Indian Creek Chronicles from Holtzbrink
- Publishers www.holtzbrinckpublishers.com
- Excerpts and Synopses
- “Attack” from Witness (literary journal) www.oaklandcc.edu
- King of the Mountain from Googlebooks books.google.com
- Readers Guides
- Reading Group Guide for As Cool as I Am from
- Picador USA www.picadorusa.com
- Awards and Honors
- Pete Fromm from GetLit: The 6th Annual Inland NW Literary Arts
- Festival www.ewu.edu/getlit
The Write Question is produced by Chérie Newman.
Production and research assistance, Reneé McGrath.
Executive producer, Michael Marsolek.
Special thanks to Barbara Theroux and Kim Anderson.
This program included music by Michael Blessing and Springhill.
Guests on the The Write Question are writers, publishers, and illustrators living, or working for an extended period of time, in the western United States. The Write Question is a production of Montana Public Radio.